Buying a painting is a very personal decision. If there’s anything you’d like to know before buying, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I use Stripe to process all payments for items on purchased on my website, so I do not hold any of your financial information. I do not accept cheques.
Buying a painting: Delivery or Collection
Works on Paper are sold unframed. Paintings will be sent rolled in a tube. Unless otherwise stated, shipping cost will be calculated at checkout.
- You can arrange to collect your painting if you are based in the Cambridge Area. Select LOCAL PICKUP at checkout and delivery charges will be waived. I will contact you to arrange the details of the pickup date and time. I am based in the CB22 postcode area.
- I will package and despatch your painting within 72 hours of receiving your payment. If there is any reason I cannot despatch your painting within that timeframe, I will email you. You can then decide whether to wait until I can send the painting, or would like a refund of your payment.
- I send all paintings using the tracked and insured service through Royal Mail. Please select the FLAT RATE option at checkout if the painting is to be delivered outside the Cambridge Area. I will send you the tracking number as soon as it is available.
- If you would prefer to have a courier delivery, please contact me within 24 hours of placing your order so that I can arrange for a courier service. If there is an additional charge for this, I will let you know how much it is and payment will need to be made before despatch.
- There are size limits on standard deliveries. In the case of very large paintings which will need to be delivered by courier, please contact me before purchasing and I will get a quotation for you.
- Shipping costs include packing supplies and labour in addition to the delivery service fee.
Customs Duty and Taxes when buying a painting from outside the UK
- If you are outside the UK, your painting may be subject to import duties and taxes. These have not been included in the price of the painting or the delivery cost charged at checkout. You will be responsible for paying all customs duty and taxes imposed.
- If you choose not to pay the customs duty and taxes, and your artwork is therefore returned to me, the charges levied for the return delivery will be deducted from your refund.
Returns and refunds on artwork
I want you to be overjoyed with your purchase. If you are not happy, please email me within 7 days of receiving your painting. I will let you have the details for the return shipping.
- You must return your painting in a saleable condition in order to be eligible for a refund.
- Computer screens render colour differently depending on the browser used. The colour of the original may vary from the colour you see on your screen. A difference in the perceived colour of the painting is not a valid reason for return.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Please send your parcel tracked and insured. I cannot be responsible for refunds on artwork that I do not receive.
- Please take a photograph of the painting and any damaged packaging if your painting is damaged on arrival. Email it to me within 72 hours of receipt of the painting and I will contact you to make suitable arrangements.
- Shipping costs charged at the time of purchase are non-refundable. The cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- A refund will be processed through Stripe as soon as I receive your painting and can verify that it is in saleable condition.
- If the artwork was a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift voucher for the value of your return.
Contact me at email@example.com if you have any other questions about purchasing a painting.